View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 04:06

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
AR.Drone 2.0 PC Software 
Ready for take off

Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post AR.Drone 2.0 PC Software
Hello everyone, I got this on 07/23/2012. Wanted this for a long time :), I've started using my Laptop Windows 7 64bit + PS3 Controller and I like this much better then using my cellphone. The ps3 controller handles like it was a RC Radio controller. The software that I'm using is WD ARDrone (WinDev 16) it works well for navigation BUT no video. My question is, are their any other windows apps for controlling the AR.Drone 2.0 other then Linux?

Thanks.

05 Aug 2012, 20:51
Ready for take off

New post Re: AR.Drone 2.0 PC Software
Answer is YES, it is. However all are experimental and w/o video support so far.

06 Aug 2012, 11:31
Newcomer

Hi TechnoDrone, greetings from Toronto Canada !

I've been struggling to get my brand new Ar AR.Drone 2.0 to connect with the
Windev Ar AR.Drone PC app, and I have had not success connecting ...

Please let me know if you are open to a quick email convo on it as I am curious as to the steps
you took. I understand that the video does not work with the current Windev app, however
I would be happy to simply get the Ar Done 2.0 to function with the Windev app...

Thank you in advance for the potential assistance
christopherxii@hotmail.com

24 Sep 2012, 05:52
Battery Charged

Does somebody have a update about this situation?

It been 3 month since!

02 Jan 2013, 20:01
Charged up again

Using BlueStacks to run virtual Android on your PC then lets you run AR AR.Drone Flight Pro on it, and the video and controls work, but for me the lag was unbearable. However, on a cheap laptop, it's very possible this was the PC's fault, and perhaps with a better computer you could get the video to stream better.

02 Jan 2013, 22:06
I've been hit!!

Schlauncha wrote:
Using BlueStacks to run virtual Android on your PC then lets you run AR AR.Drone Flight Pro on it, and the video and controls work, but for me the lag was unbearable. However, on a cheap laptop, it's very possible this was the PC's fault, and perhaps with a better computer you could get the video to stream better.

I use a lot of virtualisation software and hardware platforms and I can tell you that you'll need a beast of a PC to be able to virtually process all that video data in real time under a virtualised OS.

This is just me and not bagging your idea but I wouldn't risk flying my AR.Drone under a virtual Android platform, risks are just too great something is going to go screwy and cause a fly-away.

But the concept is interesting, I'd want to do a LOT of bench testing and playing around under controlled conditions before I let my AR.Drone loose using that! Could be fun to be able to try all the different apps on your PC but hell just as easy to get the devices :)

02 Jan 2013, 22:15
Profile WWW
Ready for take off

This is the most promising thing-
There is currently a Windows application in development. It will support both the 2.0 and the original AR.Drone. The features include:
- HD video live stream
- live telemetry
- predefined flight paths
- arduino sensor extensions
And upcoming 3D mapping!

The program is nearing the alpha stage however the developer is looking for help to fully support all devices and features. On the website there is a donation widget, the funds will go towards getting arduino extensions and purchasing the original AR.Drone to test functionality.

For more information about the project, or if you are interested in donating, visit http://www.lbpclabs.com/autoflight.html

I have been in contact with the developer so those who donate $4+ will receive the alpha program this week, ahead of the scheduled 2-3 week release.

I hope you are interested in this as much as I am and thanks for looking!

06 Jan 2013, 19:02
Ready for take off

That's a great find!
Been hoping to use a PC with a joystick/gamepad with router in client mode. So much easier than repeaters and Bluetooth controllers to a nexus 7 for fpv.

11 Jan 2013, 06:19
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]