View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Dec 2014, 19:34

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Ar.AR.Drone 2.0 cases. Are there any? 
Made it over nextdoor

Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
Unread post Re: Ar.AR.Drone 2.0 cases. Are there any?
Excellent looking cases, but why are you spending so much?!?! :o

The AR.Drone itself cost $300 and you're spending $150 - $200 on the case alone. The case doesn't fly right? :?

Besides ARTX sells their case for $99, and it's already customized to fit the AR.Drone.

I just don't understand...

18 May 2012, 11:55
Profile YIM
Just flips over

Likewise, can't be asking me. I hadn't mentioned "how great" my price was on the Promaster case. It was less than the ARTX.

18 May 2012, 13:31
Up and hovering

Dmaxx your link points to a $180 case. That is likely what he is referring to. I can see giving your $300 toy good protection. Especially for travel these cases all look like they could handle the luggage compartment at an airport. I hope when I'm ready to get one I can find a sub $100 deal. I'm already spending more than I should on this! 8-)

18 May 2012, 13:55
Made it over nextdoor

So the ARTX case is $99 - No additional work needed

The HPRC-2500 is $107 - Need to cut and shape foam to fit AR.Drone

Pelican 1600 is $158 - Need to cut and shape foam to fit AR.Drone

PRO ABS Case 160 - $179 - Need to cut and shape foam to fit AR.Drone

So the ARTX is the cheapest way to go and it requires no additional work. Just open it up and insert AR.Drone.

Not sure how the "S H I T - Canned" comment fits (solaris8x86)...but moving on. Also, the AR.Drone 2.0 is a fun to fly toy and I love it, but no respect needed or offered.

Not everyone can get a "deal" on a case, right Dmaxx? So for the other 10,000 AR.Drone owners, it's just not a viable option, unless I just want to spend more money, right?

18 May 2012, 13:59
Profile YIM
Made it over nextdoor

solaris8x86 wrote:

"More respect" means more protection. The ARTX is not water-proof while both HPRC-2500 and Pelican-1600 are submerge capable. In case of heavy rain has come suddenly in the field. Your AR.Drone is dead with a ARTX. Spending additional $8 dollar only for a harden-case then your AR.Drone is totally safe out of water. You gonna respect it then your AR.Drone "Live long and prosper". :twisted:

The AR.Drone 2.0 is water-resistant though...so unless you're completely oblivious to approaching weather, you have plenty of time to pack up and leave the field. Plus, I don't plan on dropping my AR.Drone and case into a swimming pool or lake.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I like your case, I really do. I just hate spending 1/3 of the cost of the AR.Drone for a case to put it in.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

18 May 2012, 14:44
Profile YIM
Up and hovering

Any ways, I LOVE that HPRC case.
I'll have to keep my eyes open for a really good sale. Most places I find in Canada is listing it for $150+ Crazy.

Edit
BHPhoto has it cubed foam insert. Other colors too.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5 ... _Hard.html

Other options like this Ape Case for $60 also includes the Pick and Pluck foam insert, though it's not a rugged looking as the others and I don't think it's water tight.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/8 ... _Case.html

OH On sale, $80
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/4 ... ction.html

I'll stop now. There are deals out there to be had on cases like these.

18 May 2012, 15:17
Up and hovering

Jhawk19 wrote:

The AR.Drone itself cost $300 and you're spending $150 - $200 on the case alone. The case doesn't fly right? :?

Besides ARTX sells their case for $99, and it's already customized to fit the AR.Drone.

ARTX case can't hold all of the accessories and has numerous drawbacks. Using the second layer of foam in my Pelican I can carry my aftermarket charger, spare AR.Drone parts, WIFI repeater, cords, etc. -- everything is with me at all times. And, as others noted, this thing can be checked as baggage (or thrown in a pool) with NO worries. I paid $140 for the case, and it was worth every penny.

True, it's a bit bulky, but I know my AR.Drone and equipment are secure and protected.

Hey, to each his own!

18 May 2012, 16:49
Made it over nextdoor

groan wrote:
Other options like this Ape Case for $60 also includes the Pick and Pluck foam insert, though it's not a rugged looking as the others and I don't think it's water tight.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/8 ... _Case.html

OH On sale, $80
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/4 ... ction.html

Those are some good looking cases! Good prices too!

eballesq wrote:
ARTX case can't hold all of the accessories and has numerous drawbacks. Using the second layer of foam in my Pelican I can carry my aftermarket charger, spare AR.Drone parts, WIFI repeater, cords, etc. -- everything is with me at all times.

The ARTX can hold the AR.Drone, 4 batteries, and a charger (stock or aftermarket), tool kit, and extra blades. That's quite enough stuff to take along to the field. I'm not trying to completely rebuild after a crash. I'm not sure how many people actually bring a WiFi repeater, cords, etc, either...seems like overkill and a bit excessive.

Yes, to each his own.

18 May 2012, 16:59
Profile YIM
Spying is fun

Multicopter Type: AR Drone V1 & V2
Unread post Ar.AR.Drone 2.0 cases. Are there any?
Artx cases available from www.i-drone.me. Free set of Bearings or Landing Caps with every order.

http://www.i-drone.me
Twitter: @AR_Drone_idrone
Facebook:

18 May 2012, 23:50
Profile WWW
Ready for take off

Jhawk19 wrote:

For me it was a simple matter of not being able to find a case that could carry the AR.Drone, radio, batteries, spare parts, etc. You are correct about the cost of the case in relation to the cost of the AR.Drone. But if you add up everything that I carry in my case it is much more:
AR.Drone - $300
MacGyver Mod - $175
3 Spare Batteries - $90
Tool Kit, Spare Props, Gears, Screws, Repair Tape, Bearings - $70
2 Spare Motors - $80
Spare Charger - $35
So I spent $173 for a case for a $750 toy.

I get your point. But when you are spending that kind of money for your toys are you really worried about another couple of hundred for a strong case to be able to transport it around in an easy and safe manner?

19 May 2012, 02:09
Ready for take off

Jhawk19 wrote:
That's quite enough stuff to take along to the field. I'm not trying to completely rebuild after a crash. I'm not sure how many people actually bring a WiFi repeater, cords, etc, either...seems like overkill and a bit excessive.

To the field, yes... On a trip out of town, nope.

19 May 2012, 02:12
Battery Charged

Cello62 wrote:
Hi all.
Please can anyone tell me the exact measurements of the ARDrone 2.0. I'd like to buy an alluminium case to carry it. I ask because in Italy has not yet arrived, while I put myself in advance....
Thanks

Any gentleman to say me the mesurements? Ty so much

19 May 2012, 12:39
Battery Charged

Ty @solaris8x86 very kind

19 May 2012, 22:42
Chased the cat

so will the AR.Drone fit in the 60 dollar case in the link ?

24 May 2012, 19:22
Newcomer

The 2.0 in the ARTX case. It fits perfectly. I now have the AR.Drone, 3 batteries, a AR.Drone toolkit, spare blades, spare bearings, and 2 chargers comfortably stored in the case.

25 May 2012, 15:31
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next