View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 22:13

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Range Extender - TL-WA830RE 
Ready for take off

Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post Re: Range Extender - TL-WA830RE
I noted that the battery is below the antennas, was just still curious. Besides that, Is there some sort of inexpensive amp mod for this repeater? I feel like i have to mod everything lol its a terrible addiction.

15 Jan 2013, 02:06
I've been hit!!

I'm sure you could hook an amp up to the outputs on the extender... I'd look at improving the antennas first which is what I'm planning on doing.

But fried my WiFi on my drone's mainboard it's running via RC control only right now until I get a new mainboard and re-do the antenna mods on that.

15 Jan 2013, 02:09
Profile WWW
Newcomer

I just purchased this repeater and I am having a hard time getting it to work. When I plugged it into the computer I am easily able to connect the drone to the repeater but I never see an option on my iPad to connect to the repeater. Can someone help with this? Thank you in advance.

21 Jan 2013, 18:10
Spying is fun

It will repeat the network with the same name. So simply connect to the drones network name as usual.

Test u are connected by unplugging the repeater (best done while drone is not flying) and you should loose control link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 Jan 2013, 18:16
Newcomer

The ip of the drone changes. I can connect to it but when I go to the app it says not connected. I've tried resetting the drone. I guess I will try resetting the repeater now.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

21 Jan 2013, 18:41
Newcomer

It seems to be working now. Thank you! Would it be beneficial to get 8dbi antennas?

21 Jan 2013, 19:10
Up and hovering

Mdagro wrote:
It seems to be working now. Thank you! Would it be beneficial to get 8dbi antennas?

yes really 8-)

max distance flight 1.1km

21 Jan 2013, 22:55
Newcomer

I'm sorry for all the questions but I have one more. I have been trying to understand the ideal orientation of the antennas but I am a little confused. How should they be angled for optimal coverage.

22 Jan 2013, 00:09
Ready for take off

According to the master droner, best is to place them horizontally: http://forum.parrot.com/ardrone/en/viewtopic.php?pid=28495#p28495

As for attaching a battery, see below my setup.

Attachment:
r1_resize.jpg

Attachment:
r2_resize.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

23 Jan 2013, 21:31
I've been hit!!

I've tried them fully vertical, fully horizontal, at 45 degrees like the above. I've even done one vertical and one horizontal.

For me and the way I flew and where I flew I found both being straight up to give me the best range and video feed.

Depends on your drone's antenna setup as well. Experiment on a large open space and see how far you can fly before the video starts to break up a little, that's when your getting to the edge of your range envelope. Try different directions, altitude and also make sure you spin your drone around 360 as it does have a dead spot as well.

Find what works best for you and your enviroment and your drone.

23 Jan 2013, 22:57
Profile WWW
Ready for take off

Multicopter Type: AR Drone V1 & V2
I bought the TL-WA830RE and the 8dBi antennas to go with it. It works okay, but I think there might be something I am doing wrong. I have used the router as both and extender, as well as an access point. It seems to have longer range with the drone connecting to the router rather than the router repeating the drone's wifi. Either way, if I fly in this specific direction, the wifi seems to cut out almost immediately and i have to bring the router closer to regain control of the drone. Could this be possibly because of a blind spot on the drone's wifi chip or is there something that I have set up incorrectly on the extender? I have not attempted an altitude test yet, the wind was too high today and I didn't want to risk loosing wifi and it flying off into never-never land.

Please let me know..
Thanks,
Dsf

26 Jan 2013, 02:03
Ready for take off

I just purchased a Linksys WRT54G V8 bridge / gateway / router with dd-WRT installed. I have tried for 3 days to change the simple settings making it a repeater / router, router / repeater with the 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.10 or 192.168.100 or 192.168.1.254 and changing its right to change things or not, locking this or that out or in. Frankly, my dear: I'm frustrated!!! :oops:

Even though some here say it's simple, to me it is really difficult. When you type in the 192.168.1.1 between the router and the computer, it does take you to the DD-WRT site which has so many choices that when selected offer additional sub choices, I end up getting lost. When I look at how the "TP-LINK" was walked through here earlier and see what I have as options I even get further lost. Some of you are light years out there in this and work with this stuff often, I however have been gifted in many other non-related ways and this is literally rocket science. I really would like to install the round antenna and use my router and just be confident that I wont loose it beyond my line of site. I don't believe nor have any ambitions of flying to a mile plus :lol:

Can someone do as they did with the screen shots on the "TP-LINK" with the DD=WRT for the WRT54? I would greatly appreciate any assistance. :mrgreen:

31 Jan 2013, 01:25
Batterys getting low

Multicopter Type: Quad-Copter
Are you using the instalation cd to set it up.

01 Feb 2013, 06:40
Newcomer

Extending the range of my drone is something I'm very interested in, more spefically higher altitudes. Out of the pilots who have purchased these repeaters what altitudes have you been able to reach and maintain strong, reliable WiFi signals?

Extended Range
GoPro Camera Mount
Extended Battery Life

01 Feb 2013, 08:04
I've been hit!!

I've tested this thread's topic extender (The TPLink TL-WA830RE) with stock antennas up to 165m and ran out of space.

You could get more with better antennas on the extender and on the drone.

01 Feb 2013, 10:36
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next