View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 00:55

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Tronage Color Change Remote Control LED Kit For Sale! 
Ready for take off

Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post Tronage Color Change Remote Control LED Kit For Sale!
Hello Everyone,

So I'm back at it with another AR.Drone modification, this one however is for sale! It is 129 color changing Remote control LEDs, with a 33 LED ring on the underside! So first let me show you what it is and then I'll explain:

Part 1: LED Kit off the AR.Drone

Part 2: LED Kit on the AR.Drone

I have enough materials to make about 8-9 kits, so I figured I'd offer these to the ardrone-flyers community first before putting them up on ebay, etc... If Anyone is interested in purchasing one of these kits, all the details are on my website:
http://tuxedoscuba.com/html/drone_led_kit.html

These are made as they are ordered (I don't have them pre-made to do the options I offer), so depending on the demand it may take a few days to get them shipped out, but they will go out as they are completed. I have flat-rate shipping setup for within the USA as well International using USPS Priority Mail.

Let me know what you guys think or if you have any questions!

25 Nov 2012, 08:49
Spying is fun

New post Re: Tronage Color Change Remote Control LED Kit For Sale!
Quick question, where can I get the bottom led ring and y lead only for the AR.AR.Drone 2.0?

25 Nov 2012, 17:35
Spying is fun

Multicopter Type: AR Drone V1 & V2
www.i-AR.Drone.me
I have red, white and blue available and all leads. :)

www.i-AR.Drone.me
sales@i-AR.Drone.me
https://www.facebook.com/groups/124555427639033/

25 Nov 2012, 18:58
Profile WWW
Ready for take off

Maxwell1472 wrote:
Quick question, where can I get the bottom led ring and y lead only for the AR.AR.Drone 2.0?
The Black background ring that I have is pretty unique, and was difficult to find. I don't know where you can just get one, I had to buy a large qty of product to get them, and why I have enough materials to make about 9 of these kits. However I don't want to break up a set to sell ya just the ring, sorry.

25 Nov 2012, 19:30
Spying is fun

Cheers both. I'll check out your website ;)

25 Nov 2012, 19:55
Spying is fun

Multicopter Type: AR Drone V1 & V2
A pleasure :)

www.i-AR.Drone.me
sales@i-AR.Drone.me
https://www.facebook.com/groups/124555427639033/

25 Nov 2012, 22:06
Profile WWW
Ready for take off

Ok So for those who may be a bit leery about buying off of my website, I've also listed these kits on Ebay!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321031744631
The prices are jacked up a little to cover the additional ebay fees that I don't pay on my own website.

If you want to save a few bucks, it is still better to order from my website: http://tuxedoscuba.com/html/drone_led_kit.html

Hopefully tomorrow will have a nice clear night, and I'll try to get some flight footage to give you all an idea what it looks like outdoors in flight! Stay Tuned!

Take care!

27 Nov 2012, 08:54
Chased the cat

Interesting! Maybe I was not able in the auction text to find... How heavy is the KIT?

27 Nov 2012, 17:48
Profile WWW
Ready for take off

droneparts_de wrote:
Interesting! Maybe I was not able in the auction text to find... How heavy is the KIT?
Because of the handmade nature the weight can fluctuate depending on factors such as variations in wire lengths, solder used, amount of shrink tube used (it all adds up). But a good average number I'd say would be about 60g for the deluxe model (including the ring), and about 50g for the standard model. This is still pretty darn light considering this is high density led strip (60 led/m), color changeable. AND remote control. FYI If you remove the stock stickers from the indoor hull that saves you 19g. I did this on the hull in the videos, so it only about 40g additional payload from stock indoor hull.

29 Nov 2012, 02:30
Ready for take off

So just to keep everyone in the loop, I still have not been able to get outside because of weather or prior commitments to get some night footage of these lights in action (though today looks clear, so maybe tonight will yield some nice video). However that isn't the point of this post...

I was thinking about making a version of the LED kit for those who use non-parrot LiPos, specifically the ones that have the JST-XH balance taps.
(They look like this: Image)

This would shave some weight and bulk off the kit because I won't need to use the mains to power it, so that whole part of the assembly is not needed. I also got a few Turnigy nano-tech 1300mah 25-50c packs in that that I'm going to convert to the AR.Drone's type of connector and was thinking of offering as an upgrade to the kit as well. NOTE: the after market LiPo packs are NOT compatable with the AR.Drone 2.0 charger. I *believe* they are compatible with the AR.Drone 1.0 charger, but I can't say for certain. I personally use a Hyperion EOS0720i Net3 AD charger to charge my packs, but this is probably more "charger" then most need.

So let me know if there is any interest in a version that connects directly to the balance taps, or if people may want to pick up an extra LiPo pack as an upgrade.
Thanks!

03 Dec 2012, 21:09
Ready for take off

Hey everyone,
Ok, so a few things of note. I jot the JST-XH connectors and they work like a dream, so if anyone want to place an order and have the kit attach to the balance taps rather then the main line, just ask and I'll put the correct connection on for ya!

Second, these things are moving and I am am starting to run low on materials, so if anyone was thinking of picking one of these up, now is the time, because once sold out, it will take some time to get the materials back in stock. As always you can grab them from my website http://www.tronage.com, or if ebay is more your speed I have them up there too:
Deluxe Kit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321039505460
Standard Kit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321039517258
(Ships from NJ in USA, and I ship international as well)

I'd also like to hear from you guys, any types of improvements you would like to see. I like making "custom" stuff, so if you have an idea for a project with these LEDs. Like would there be any interest in a lower cost, all one color version (still color changeable with remote, but the entire AR.Drone would be all that color, vs the three "zones" it currently has)

Also anywhere else you guys would like lit? Perhaps the inside of the circles rather then the outside? Maybe create an outdoor hull version? I'm looking for some inspiration, and want to get a feel what you guys think so I can try to make it happen...

Thanks!

12 Dec 2012, 23:14
I've been hit!!

I installed my Tronage lighting kit yesterday.
It makes for one very impressive light show; just in time for the Holiday Season.
This thing is so well illuminated you can see it for many hundreds of feet.

I call it the Christmas AR.Drone and will make its big debut during my girlfriends anual Christmas Party on December 22nd.

ps... there is a bit too much extra wiring to stuff under the hull/battery area. I can manage to get the hull engaged with the magnet but takes a bit of messing with the wire bundle.

I am interested to use the Balance Connector instead of the Mini-Tamiya primary power connector.

12 Dec 2012, 23:25
Profile WWW
I've been hit!!

I am having difficulty recalling the weight of the lighting assembly before I installed it on the AR.Drone.

I think it was 61 grams for the lighting; including the peel backing for the double sticky.

I know it is heavy but I am only flying it in close quarters for a seasonal display.

13 Dec 2012, 02:00
Profile WWW
I've been hit!!

As you have stated before, you are located at a high altitude and have potentially less lift power.

DBS is a mere 25 feet above sea level. My flights were 600 feet above sea level. Not a whole bunch of difference. But you HighGain at 6000+ feet above sea level, that has to make a noticable difference.

13 Dec 2012, 02:15
Profile WWW
Ready for take off

garrock wrote:
I installed my Tronage lighting kit yesterday.
It makes for one very impressive light show; just in time for the Holiday Season.
This thing is so well illuminated you can see it for many hundreds of feet.
I call it the Christmas AR.Drone and will make its big debut during my girlfriends anual Christmas Party on December 22nd.
ps... there is a bit too much extra wiring to stuff under the hull/battery area. I can manage to get the hull engaged with the magnet but takes a bit of messing with the wire bundle.
I am interested to use the Balance Connector instead of the Mini-Tamiya primary power connector.

Awesome, I'm glad you enjoy, it def. puts on a big show, and is an eye stopper. But if you mess with the different modes and speeds, you can get some other effects that pretty cool. Like the mode where they look like they are strobeing mega-fast, if you turn down the speed you get a "blip" effect (like I aircraft wings) I like using this during dusk, where I can still see the AR.Drone, but pulses every second or two in case it is flown against a dark background (tree-line for example)... other modes look amazing doing flips like the mode that looks to be flickinging white very very fast... if you flip during that, because of the persistence of image in your eye, you will see a trail of red / blue / green during flip. experiment with it and have fun.

Yea you end up with a little bundle of wires that takes some work to get the magnet to engage, in prototype I had the wires shorter, but then it made putting the hull on the AR.Drone a bit tight. Also you have the deluxe, so there is the extra 3 ports for the ring there too. As you said, it is more designed for "showing off" then anything else.

If people are concerned, about weight, there always is the standard kit which has less weight / wires (and if you want black, there is the standard kit w/ the black upgrade on my website). There is always a trade-off when it comes to weight. And I decided to go for the show-stopper effect and have it weight a bit more then be "lack-luster" and look just like everyone elses, but lightweight. Essentially inspired by memories of Disney's Electrical Parade (Google it if not familiar) and that is what I wanted the AR.Drone to do lol.

Keep the feedback coming, and I'm more then happy to address anyone's concerns or work on making a 1 of a kind kit for anyone, just contact me and let me know your ideas, or thoughts and we can work it out.

also Garrock, I'll shoot you a PM regarding the balance tap connector!

Thanks!

13 Dec 2012, 03:05
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next