View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 09:05




Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Boca bearings, oil or no oil? 
Author Message
Just flips over

Joined: 15 Feb 2013, 02:35
Posts: 90
Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post Boca bearings, oil or no oil?
Good idea the oil the boca bearings before install? or use no oil at all?

WD40? light oil? heavy oil? Lithium grease? what works best?


05 Mar 2013, 14:45
Profile
Chased the cat
User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2012, 06:28
Posts: 447
Location: Michigan
Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post Re: Boca bearings, oil or no oil?
360Rocket wrote:
Good idea the oil the boca bearings before install? or use no oil at all?

WD40? light oil? heavy oil? Lithium grease? what works best?

They come packed with grease, so you don't have to oil them at the start. Oil them about every 2 hours of flight time. The Lightning Lube I sell is what's recommended by Boca, but you can also find something called 3-2-1 oil at most local hobby shops.

_________________
www.AR.Drone-Mods.com || info@AR.Drone-mods.com
Image
Exclusive U.S. distributor of the DroneTec QuadMod (R/C control)


05 Mar 2013, 17:41
Profile
Just flips over

Joined: 15 Feb 2013, 02:35
Posts: 90
Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post Re: Boca bearings, oil or no oil?
Thank you sir.

I have a bent shaft so I need a set of titanium shafts please sir.

I gotta find a motor too. I really banged this up good!


05 Mar 2013, 21:49
Profile
Chased the cat
User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2012, 06:28
Posts: 447
Location: Michigan
Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post Re: Boca bearings, oil or no oil?
360Rocket wrote:
Thank you sir.

I have a bent shaft so I need a set of titanium shafts please sir.

I gotta find a motor too. I really banged this up good!

I still have a few shaft sets in stock. Unfortunately, I can't carry stock Parrot parts. Your best bet for a motor is eBay.

_________________
www.AR.Drone-Mods.com || info@AR.Drone-mods.com
Image
Exclusive U.S. distributor of the DroneTec QuadMod (R/C control)


05 Mar 2013, 22:17
Profile
Just flips over

Joined: 15 Feb 2013, 02:35
Posts: 90
Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post Re: Boca bearings, oil or no oil?
blorincz wrote:
360Rocket wrote:
Thank you sir.

I have a bent shaft so I need a set of titanium shafts please sir.

I gotta find a motor too. I really banged this up good!

I still have a few shaft sets in stock. Unfortunately, I can't carry stock Parrot parts. Your best bet for a motor is eBay.



Do you still have all my info for shipping and payment? Send em now sir I am ready to fly!

Found a motor that will be here by Thursday on Amazon.com


05 Mar 2013, 22:33
Profile
Chased the cat
User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2012, 06:28
Posts: 447
Location: Michigan
Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post Re: Boca bearings, oil or no oil?
360Rocket wrote:
Do you still have all my info for shipping and payment? Send em now sir I am ready to fly!

Found a motor that will be here by Thursday on Amazon.com

I do. You can either go to AR.Drone-Mods.com and place your order, or send me payment directly via PayPal. Total for shaft set with shipping is $17.00.

_________________
www.AR.Drone-Mods.com || info@AR.Drone-mods.com
Image
Exclusive U.S. distributor of the DroneTec QuadMod (R/C control)


05 Mar 2013, 22:39
Profile
Just flips over

Joined: 15 Feb 2013, 02:35
Posts: 90
Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post Re: Boca bearings, oil or no oil?
payment sent, thanks again.


06 Mar 2013, 03:42
Profile
Chased the cat
User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2012, 06:28
Posts: 447
Location: Michigan
Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post Re: Boca bearings, oil or no oil?
360Rocket wrote:
payment sent, thanks again.

Thanks for your business! Order shipped.

_________________
www.AR.Drone-Mods.com || info@AR.Drone-mods.com
Image
Exclusive U.S. distributor of the DroneTec QuadMod (R/C control)


06 Mar 2013, 05:59
Profile
Battery Charged

Joined: 06 Mar 2013, 15:10
Posts: 5
Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post Re: Boca bearings, oil or no oil?
you don't need to oil or lube the bearings they come pre packed with it! also the thicker the lube the longer the bearing will last how ever the more friction there will be which will effect flight time. the lighter the lube the less time the bearing will last if run dry for a long period of time but it will spin much more free. I never recommend people use WD40 on bearings because it attracts moisture.


06 Mar 2013, 16:43
Profile
Just flips over

Joined: 15 Feb 2013, 02:35
Posts: 90
Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post Re: Boca bearings, oil or no oil?
titanium shafts arrived and installed today. Thanks again!


10 Mar 2013, 03:00
Profile
I've been hit!!
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 02:32
Posts: 4116
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Multicopter Type: AR Drone V2
New post Re: Boca bearings, oil or no oil?
bocabearingstommy wrote:
you don't need to oil or lube the bearings they come pre packed with it! also the thicker the lube the longer the bearing will last how ever the more friction there will be which will effect flight time. the lighter the lube the less time the bearing will last if run dry for a long period of time but it will spin much more free. I never recommend people use WD40 on bearings because it attracts moisture.

I used to use a solvent based cleaning spray used on firearms, forget what it's called now but was great to clean out all the gunk out of shielded bearings back in my RC car days then a drop of your favourite lube kept them in spec.

Mind you we don't run our quads through mud and dusty bumpy tracks like I did my 2 and 4WD buggies. :)

_________________
http://blog.itsacrazyday.com/


10 Mar 2013, 04:35
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



www.ARDrone-Flyers.com © 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
Chris' School of Motoring